An environment free of scrap tires is important to the public health of all Missouri citizens. Scrap tires harbor mosquitoes, snakes and other vermin. Whole tires are not accepted for landfill disposal.
- Leave used tires removed from your vehicle(s) with the tire dealer/retailer for proper disposal.
- Take scrap tires to a tire dealer who may charge for proper disposal.
- Cut out the tire sidewalls (leaving two sidewalls and tread ring) and dispose of the three pieces with your normal trash.
- Cut the tires through the center of the tread (like a bagel) and dispose of the two pieces with your normal trash.
- Contract a opens in a new windowpermitted scrap tire hauleropens PDF file for the removal and proper disposal of the tires
- Use our Recycling Directory to locate a tire recycler near you.
Granuband is a facility in Macon, MO that processes and recycles scrap tires. Here is a breakdown of their fees:
- Less than 10 = $3 each
- More than ten = prorated at $110/ton
Semi truck tires:
- Less than 10 = $20 each
- More than 10 = prorated at $150/ton
- Less than 10 = $50 each
- More than 10 = prorated at $200/ton
Trailer load of mixed size tires = $130/ton