District Grant Application and Guidance
The FY2020 District Grant Application and Guidance Document (GAGD) is now available. You will find all forms and information to assist you in completing your application in this document. Applicants will find information about the district grant program including eligibility information, funding targets; along with requirements and obligations to assist them in completing a grant proposal. You can complete your application by visiting our fillable forms page or contact us if you’d like to receive a copy in the mail.
Schedule for Grant Application and Review
ROUND 1 (small grant projects only, up to $10,000):
09/13/19 – Preliminary application due (optional)
10/11/19 – Final application due by 4:00 p.m.
10/23/19 – MMSWMD Advisory Committee review
11/13/19 – MMSWMD Executive Board decision
12/20/19 – “Estimated” MDNR approval
01/01/20 – Projected start date (following approval by Executive Board and MDNR)
ROUND 2 (large grant projects only, up to $100,000):
11/15/19 – Preliminary application due (required)
01/17/20 – Final application due by 4:00 p.m.
02/19/20 – MMSWMD Advisory Committee review
03/11/20 – MMSWMD Executive Board decision
04/15/20 – “Estimated” MDNR approval
05/01/20 – Projected start date (following approval by Executive Board and MDNR)
*Any money that has not been distributed in Round 1 will be allocated into Round 2.
Items in Bold are required elements and dates/times are firm. Executive Board approval is required of all grants, but the Executive Board may chose to evaluate grants further and delay the final decision.
This fiscal year we expect to have approximately $175,000 available to award for district projects. There are opportunities for small and large requests.
- Review the Eligibility Information before getting started. This will save time knowing you’re applying for a grant MMSWMD can fund.
- Determine the amount of funding that’s being requested and calculate the match required to commit to the project. Financial and organizational capability of the project is important to its success.
- Get acquainted with the Scoring Criteria and Bonus Points. This will help you maximize your score.
- If the grant asks for it, include it. Omitted documentation will hurt your score.
- Use the Application Checklist and enter the page number of the content. This will help ensure you have included the required components for the application. Also, submit this checklist with your final submission.
- A signed District Grant Applicant Profile.
- Document and explain all anticipated costs in the Budget Document. (Reference GAGD to see bid/proposal requirements)
- Executive Summary. Be sure to include the projects viability, efficiency, benefit, and long-term effect. Reference GAGD for more information.
- Work Plan with project tasks and timeline/table.
- Résumé of project manager and other key personnel.
- Explanation of how project will be evaluated.
- Verification of permits, licenses, etc.
- A signed and notarized Match Commitment Documentation.
- List of prior MMSWMD Grant Awards.
- Requests for more than $50,000 require additional documentation. See GAGD.
- Failure to submit required items by deadline will result in point deductions.
- Quarterly Reporting for the duration of the project. Records must then be kept five (5) years after project is finalized/closed.
DISTRICT GRANT WRITING WORKSHOPS
Tuesday, July 23, 2019 from 1 PM to 3 PM, Conference Room 1A City Hall, 701 E. Broadway, Columbia.
Thursday, August 1, 2019 from 10 AM to 12 PM, Conference Room 3A, 3rd Floor City Hall, 701 E. Broadway, Columbia.
GRANT WRITING RESOURCES
The thought of writing a grant can be intimidating. Don’t let it be. Outside of attending a grant workshop hosted by MMSWMD, there are local resources that can assist you in putting together an organized grant proposal. Below are a few:
If you have questions, call or email us. Staff is happy to clarify anything for you.
Financial Assistance Agreement and General Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions – For Mid-Missouri Solid Waste Management District Sub-grantees.
Video Training on Electronic Grant Submittal: