The Advisory Committee (and there may be more than one) is appointed by the Executive Board. Originally it had responsibilities in drafting the District Plan, but now the primary responsibility is to review the District grant proposals and recommend levels of funding with the budget allocated. The Advisory Committee also periodically reviews the grant process.
Advisory Committee Members for Fiscal Year 2019
- Audrain County – Chad Shoemaker, Director of Parks & Recreation, City of Mexico
- Boone County – Thad Yonke, Senior Planner, Boone County Government, Serves as Chair for the Advisory Committee
- Callaway County – Gayla Dunn, Community Development Office, City of Fulton
- City of Columbia – Barbara Buffaloe, Sustainability Manager
- City of Jefferson – Sheri Johnston, Neighborhood Services Specialist
- Cole County – Jeff Hoelscher, Eastern District Commissioner
- Cooper County – M.L. Cauthon, III, Boonville Public Works Director, Serves as Vice Chair for the Advisory Committee
- Howard County – Howard McMillan, Western County Commissioner
- Moniteau County – Marna Williams, Court Clerk, City of Tipton
- Osage County – John Glavin, District II Commissioner
The Committee also includes 5 at large members.